CHECK YHP NEW SITE!!!
Let us know what you think?
CHECK YHP NEW SITE!!!
Let us know what you think?
This guys achievement and involvement in media is truly amazing..
Enjoy, the 5 things you should know about him.
1). Simon is an artist manager, television producer and creator of the Idol franchise,Pop Idol in the UK and over 100 other versions including American Idol, Australian Idol, Canadian Idol, Deutschland sucht den Superstar, Indian Idol, Nouvelle Star, New Zealand Idol and World Idol.
2). Simon Fuller is also the co-creator and executive producer of the Fox TV reality show So You Think You Can Dance and other US and European TV shows. He is an executive producer of Little Britain USA, a TV show signed to HBO and BBC TV in 2008. He is the manager of performers and entertainers including David and Victoria Beckham, Claudia Schiffer, Annie Lennox, Andy Murray, Spice Girls, Cathy Dennis, Carrie Underwood, Will Young, David Cook and others. His brother is comedy writer and director Kim Fuller.
3). Simon Fuller sold 19 Entertainment to CKX, Inc. in a cash and stock deal worth over $200 million in March 2005.
Simon Fuller has managed the career of Annie Lennox since the release of her multi platinum, award winning album Diva in 1991. Lennox has sold 80 million records and has been called ‘the greatest white soul singer alive’ by VH1.
4). He has these different awards
* 2008 Humanitarian Honour, Black Ball
* 2008 Peter Grant Award, Music Managers Forum
* 2008 Visionary Award, Producers Guild of America
* 2007 Top Trend Setter, Forbes Magazine
* 2007 Green Award
* 2007 Emmy: Governor’s Award: Idol Gives Back
* 2007 100 Most Influential People In The World, Time Magazine
* 2006 Entrepreneur Of The Year, GQ Magazine
* 2006 Emmy: Outstanding Reality/Competition Program – Nominee
* 2005 Emmy: Outstanding Reality/Competition Program – Nominee
* 2004 Emmy: Outstanding Reality/Competition Program – Nominee
* 2003 Grammy: Album of the Year – Nominee
5). He has launched the Beckhams’ fashion label DVB brand which includes perfume and denim ranges. The Beckham’s fashion range has become one of the most successful celebrity lines in the world with a retail value in excess of $200 million.
Fuller later formed a joint venture partnership with David Beckham, and masterminded Beckham’s million dollar move to LA Galaxy in 2007.
Posted in Business, Entrepreneurs, inspiration, Motivation | Tagged 19 Entertainment, American Idol, Andy Murray, Annie Lennox, artist manager, Australian Idol, Canadian Idol, Carrie Underwood, Cathy Dennis, Claudia Schiffer, creator, David Cook, Deutschland sucht den Superstar, Entrepreneur Profile, Indian Idol, New Zealand Idol, Nouvelle Star, Pop Idol, Simon Fuller, Spice Girls, television producer, tv shows, Victoria Beckham, Will Young, World Idol. | 2 Comments »
To have striven, to have made an effort, to have been true to certain ideals – this alone is worth the struggle. We are here to add what we can to, not to get what we can from, life.”
Sir William Osler, 1849-1919
The award offers budding entrepreneurs aged 16-30 within the first 18 months of trading the opportunity to stand out from the crowd and receive a cash injection of £10,000 for their business.
Don’t forget to:
Vote for your favourite Shell LiveWIRE ‘Grand Ideas’ Award elevator pitch video
Posted in Business, Economy, Entrepreneurs, inspiration, Motivation | Tagged Business, elevator pitch video, Opportunity, Shell LiveWIRE, Shell LiveWIRE Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2009, Young Entrepreneur | 1 Comment »
It states the following via the website
Do you have an exciting idea about a new business or venture?
Through the Llwyddo yng Ngwynedd project, it might be easier than you think to turn your idea into a reality. This is a new project which builds on the success of the previous project, Llwyddo’n Lleol.
To be eligible to receive the support, you must live within rural Gwynedd (any part of Gwynedd except for Bangor), and priority is given to support:
* farming families
* young people between 20 and 30 years old
* children under 10 years old (through schools or clubs)
* community groups
* under-employed individuals (e.g. unemployed, disabled people).
The programme will be implemented through the medium of 4 projects:
1. Venture: A project which aims to awake the enterprising spirit within groups or individuals who have not ventured before. The support available includes:
* a bursary of up to £1,000 to trial or start a new venture
* sessions to help stimulate new venture ideas.
2. Enable: This project offers practical support to new businesses, small existing businesses who are venturing to a new field, or community groups who are based on a farm. The support available includes:
* practical support to develop skills and mentoring
* financial assistance.
3. Innovate: The project’s main focus in on developing innovative products, services and processes within rural businesses and farming families. The support available includes:
* support to stimulate and develop ideas
* market research for new products or services
* funding to commission the management of technical development and detailed business planning.
4. Gwynedd’s offer: This project concentrates on supporting and promoting Gwynedd’s main selling point – the quality of the environment and the local products. Support will be given to support local products and local supply chains, and more innovative ideas will be used as technical information points are developed and located across the county.
For further information, or to discuss your idea for a new business or venture, contact Gwynedd Council’s Skills and Regeneration Service on 01286 679774 / 01286 679729 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The project has been funded through the Welsh Assembly Government 2007-2013 Rural Development Plan.
Posted in Business, Economy, Entrepreneurs, inspiration, Motivation, News | Tagged Business Opportunity, Entrepreneurs, Funding, Gwynedd, Llwyddo yng Ngwynedd, Regeneration Service, support, Welsh Assembly Government | Leave a Comment »